You may want to know the best process for hiring a great carpet cleaning company. If you don’t know much about carpet cleaning, it can be difficult to make a comparison.
You can make a good decision by applying the tips in this article.
1) When cleaning your carpet, make sure that you remove all of the large items like toys and furniture. The last thing that you want to do is to miss a spot with a lot of dirt because something was covering the area.
This will help you become more efficient with cleaning.
2) There are many carpet cleaning companies popping up because of the availability of portable machines, so make sure that you hire someone that is qualified to do the job.
The best way to do this is to ask for licensing information, insurance and references. This will help you hire someone that is fit for the job.
3) Coffee stains are very easy to get rid of. You should use a dry towel to absorb as much of the stain as possible and use a damp towel to clean the rest.
Pour a small quantity of vinegar on the stain, wait a few minutes and absorb the vinegar and the rest of the coffee with a damp towel.
4) Ask for a full-service quote when you are calling around for carpet cleaning. Many companies will try to give you a quote based on minimal service so that they can get their foot in the door.
Unfortunately, you will have already taken a day off of work before you find out what the costs really are if you do not follow this tip.
5) Do your best to protect your carpet. Always remember to remove your shoes before entering your living room and do not hesitate to place a rug over the most traveled areas of your home.
If you have a hard time keeping your carpet clean, consider replacing it with some linoleum.
6) Ask people you trust to refer a good carpet cleaning company. Anyone can claim to be able to do a good job, but you do not want to let anyone in your house to do such a delicate job unless you know they will do a great job.
Talk to friends and family members to find out if they recommend anyone in your area.
7) When something is spilled or dropped on the carpet, it is important to take care of the stains as soon as possible. The biggest mistake people make is letting a stain set before they clean it up.
Make sure you have cleaning solution on hand and take care of messes immediately.
8) Prevent pet stains, if at all possible, because they can be very difficult to remove, and they also leave an odor. In case of an accident, be prepared with specialized pet stain removers and treat the soiled area immediately.
Follow up by soaking the carpet with water and blotting with a clean towel until no stain is visible on the towel.
9) Try to vacuum your high-traffic areas everyday if you can. Dirt can quickly pile up in these areas, only to be moved around the rest of your home. Additionally, it piles on top of itself, making it very hard to remove if it is left alone.
The more you vacuum these areas, the cleaner your carpet will be in general.
10) If you have pets or children, mention that to the cleaning company before you hire them. Certain products are harmful to pets or children, while certain pet odors or stains will need to be treated with special cleaners. If you let them know up front, you won’t end up with any surprises later.
Now you’re better equipped to hire a great carpet cleaning service. Keep in mind all the information you have read in order to hire the best company for the job. Getting your carpet cleaned on a regular basis is a great way to keep your home smelling fresh and looking great.